|1. Notes on point redemption
1.1 General conditions for redeeming award ticket and upgrade award
1.2 Redeem CEA award ticket and upgrade award
- ⑴ Generally speaking, the validity period of award ticket is one year from the date of issue, but the valid period of promotional award tickets must follow concerned promotion rules.
- ⑵ Changes to award ticket is restricted in flight dates and time, and must be completed before flight takes off.
- ⑶ The points required for redeeming award tickets for children and babies are the same as those for adults.The award tickets are inapplicable to Unaccompanied Minors.
- ⑷ The points required for redeeming upgrade award for children are the same as those for adults; baby tickets cannot redeem upgrade award, and the accompanying adult using point upgrading needs to make up for the balance in baby ticket price; once the upgrade award is redeemed, points will not be returned; after redeeming upgrade award, the travel restriction conditions for the original ticket are still applicable.
- ⑸ Award ticket cannot be refunded and cannot be re-issued. If the CEA award ticket is redeemed for the whole journey, in case of members’ non voluntary refund of ticket due to reasons of the airline company, one-way points for the remaining unused flight segment will be returned to the member’s account.
- ⑹ Details on redemption flight routes are subject to actually provided flight service of related airline companies.The number of seats for award ticket is subject to actual seat availability.
- ⑺ Eastern Miles redemption zone definition chart:
|Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan
||Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan
||Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Mongolia
||Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, The Philippines, Brunei, East Timor, Guam, Saipan
|South Asia, Central Asia
||Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
|Middle East, North Africa
||Afghanistan, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Iraq, Western Sahara, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia
|Central Africa, South Africa
||Excluding North African countries
||All European countries
||USA (49 states of USA, excluding Hawaii), Canada
|Mexico, Caribean Sea, Central America
||Mexico, Antigua, Barbuda, Aruba, The Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama
|Northern South America
||Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Guiana, French Guiana, Suriname
|Southern South America
||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay
|South Pacific Region
||Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific island countries
(1)The whole journey of award ticket must be non-stop CEA flights; members can redeem one-way or round trip award ticket; award ticket of international round trip flight is allowed to have open jaw in the same redemption zone while award ticket of domestic round trip flight is not allowed to have.
(2)If the round trip have different classes, the total points needed must be the sum of points needed by round trip in corresponding classes divided by 2.
(3)When redeeming First Class or Business Class flight awards for beneficiaries on flights from China to Europe/South Pacific/North America/South Africa, members can redeem a maximum of 2 sets of round trip award ticket (4 sets of one-way award ticket ) or 4 times of upgrade awards in one year; when redeeming Economy Class flight awards and redeeming First Class or Business Class flight awards of other flight routes for beneficiaries, the above rule in redemption times restriction will not apply.